Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

LIFE...The good and the bad and the beautiful

It's been a while since i have blogged. Almost a year. This has been a year of trials and errors for my family. We have been through some things, hard things and made it to the other side.... Alive and well and stronger than before. Life is tough. You learn as you go. The Key is to not give up. I have recently had to opportunity to care for my grandfather. He has had a gradual decline since the first of the year and was recently diagnosed with NPF( Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus) This past week he had a surgery to put a shunt in to relieve the pressure. Hopefully it will relieve some of the symptoms that he is experiencing. That is my prayer. That he has a better quality of life....It is so hard to watch someone you love in this condition. He is strong. He is a fighter.... Here is a beautiful picture taken of him and his great grand daughter over the weekend....

Life is hard. We have good times and bad times. Sometimes we don't understand the suffering.... But above all,  it is Beautiful.... Just Beautiful.

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. ~ George Washington

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Post! Welcome Back!!

I will pray for your grandfather, that he will be more comfortable after this procedure.

p.s. I might have to steal that quote.

Kim said...

Hey Jennifer! You inspired me to get back. I read all your posts!
I love keeping up with your life. You have a beautiful family! Thank you, he needs prayers. He is doing well but has a long road ahead. Oh, and steal the quote! I loved it and it's so true. :-)