Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

The old chair on the side of the road


I love finding things that are old and seeing potential in them for something more. Something better than what they are. Last month i found this chair on the side of the road. Someone had put it to the curb and i saw it and knew i had to have it. I had been wanting to redo a chair. I see them all the time in pier one and other stores and they are just so expensive. So, with my mom's help. Well, alot of my mom's help. Thanks Mom...You are the best :-) Here is the old chair now
I went over the wood with a little stain and then i found this really cute material. It looks really cute in Mattie and Brennan's room. They can sit in it to read their books. I also found all of the frames at a yard sale last week and painted them all white. I went to hobby Lobby and found really cute scrapbook paper. This is how it turned out
I still want to put a few pics in a couple of the frames. I just wanted to show the progress.
I love this picture of Lola...it's not really Lola our dog, but it looks identical and we just say it is :-)
The caption says
 "never underestimate the warmth of a cold nose"
Brennan loves Lola and won't go to sleep without her so this picture is perfect for his room.
I still have curtains and quilts to purchase and I'll show you when I'm done

No comments: